Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between additions.
- Add dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder. (DO NOT ADD BAKING SODA)
- In a separate bowl mix sour cream or plain greek yogurt and baking soda. Wait until it begins to react, then add to batter and incorporate gently.
- In another separate bowl, mix pecans, sugar and cinnamon.
- Assembly: In a greased 11×15″ pan, spread half of batter on bottom. Sprinkle with half of cinnamon sugar mixture. Spread last of batter on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.