Hearty Zucchini Oats
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup half and half
- pinch salt
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch nutmeg ((I prefer freshly grated nutmeg))
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ((or just a healthy sprinkle…I don’t measure))
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini or yellow squash (grated)
- Toast oats in dry pan until they smell nutty, stirring often.
- Add liquids, spices and zucchini/yellow squash
- Cook, stirring often, until oats are soft (20-30 min).
- Top with real maple syrup or brown sugar, pecans and a pat of butter.